Veggie Planters

Do you see them?


How about now?


Yep, on top of the rock wall,
in front of that tall grass along the fence line. 
I finally managed to find containers that blend into the
 rocks. I didn't want them to jump out
 with color,  just quietly be there.  


Quietly 
growing some vegetables and 
a couple of herbs.


I just needed holes drilled in the bottom for drainage.
Some people use coffee filters or newspaper to hold the soil in,
I wanted some weight at the bottom so I used a few rocks.
The trellis is from Wal-Mart, they sit down  the 
side perfectly.


Voila!


Not a large commitment, just big enough.
I planted our favorites, tomatoes, cucumbers,
thyme, basil, chamomile and rosemary.  Carrot and radish 
seeds are going to be sprinkled in later today.

It's nice to have the favorites right outside your door.



Now, just bring on the sunshine,
please :)

next weekend...trim grass along fence)


I am pretty sure my neighbors think I am crazy,
moving in more plant all the time.  Then, I am adjusting and
 rearranging... just like inside...
its so much fun!


This was our rock steps garden,
 built in 2011, when we wrested with those
 boulders. 


And today, 2014...
after a few years, a few changes and
a lot of fertilizer...


I just can't believe what a great spreader
 White Alpine Anemone is! It"s one of my favorites.
 The grey mass in behind is Snow in the Summer, 
another great spreader, and pretty with or
 with out blooms.



Happy Gardening!

I am partying @








7 comments:

  1. So pretty and green. I love the tubs! Your comment form said, "error", so maybe it was a glitch. I'm sorry if you received more than one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      and yes..it's very 'glitchy' today! hahaha

      Delete
  2. beautiful space, and yes they are totally blended in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great idea to grow your veggies in...I love the little spreading plants around the rocks - i'll bet it's nice to have some stepping stones in the garden to get to the middle of your beds. I wish I would have thought to do that! thank you for linking up to the garden party over here at Fishtail Cottage today! love seeing your post! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. You have a beautiful backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tub makes a nice size little garden. I was just at Walmart today trying to decide if I want to do a tomato plant this year or not. It always leads to a pepper plant and then a cucumber one and on and on and next thing we know we have a full garden. The tub would be a great way to limit my garden, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete