'French Industrial Cottage' Valentine

It doesn't matter where we have lived,
from our first home to the house we are
in now, I nest.  I can NOT help myself.
I take down, I put up, I paint, I rearrange...


I just can't help myself.
And I bet you are the same too.
But its FUN!


And this last weekend ...I was having some FUN
 I got new lights over our island and changed
the bulbs in the pocket lights to halogen.
(Look at what Halogen lighting does to a room...
and the wall color, and the wood tones.)


This time I moved my wine holder over,it is covered with burlap and
tucked into the top left corner above the cupboards.
 I put parts of my teapot and pitcher collections together.
  Our kitchen is EXTREMELY dark, I always
 try to keep it light and reflective up above 
the cabinets.
I just can't decide if I want to paint the cupboards or not.
I always love the look of a light kitchen,
but fear is taking over for the moment.


See this would be beautiful....

 I am going to think on it,
maybe play with some color samples.
Which always puts fear in the eyes of
 my husband and family ;)

I am however, loving my new tea towel from..
French Vanilla, it goes perfectly with
the tea cozy I made this fall.
:)


I am slowly incorporating more and more
wicker into the mix.
I have always liked the texture and
warmth it creates, but this blue/grey wicker
is really beautiful.


The frame on this mirror, I feel , is the
culprit of this change.  And so the
domino effect begins.


I guess I am going 
for a french/industrial/cottage look.
So for Valentines,
I added a little burlap heart over the mirror,
put up my banner from last year.
I left some of my Silver Christmas hearts out
for Valentines Day.


The table runner is one I had made from,
you guessed it, drop cloth fabric and paint.
It is stamped with our Wedding date. 


I have always mixed old with new. 
Difference being that I did it because I had to,
now it's because I like to. On the shelves
I put Antique Cook Books,
 silver, bottles, pictures, and FAUX flowers...
I know, I know, but I still love 'em.


The little runner in the middle of the table
has been passed down through our family,
the needle point looks like
Valentines to me.


The table setting is very simple,
with an assortment of styles.
I didn't purchase anything for this
setting, which always makes me happy!




This chair will be headed to the
sewing room soon.  It  needs a little
slip of some sort.  A skirt maybe...


Ok, its time for a little truth,
a few minutes before I started to take photos
for the first time on this clean,
candle light, staged, open concept space,
 EVERYONE decided they
needed lunch, then maybe watch a little
hockey. Sorry family for my melt down. 
A tiny melt down, but
A LOT of pacing. 







Hope you enjoyed my Valentines Table
and a little peek at some
of the changes going on here.

I am Linking up with 

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, please don't paint your cupboards, they are so pretty and add warmth to your home...love your kitchen!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your cabinets, they are fabulous, and I love your "French Industrial" decor. Gorgeous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty kitchen! You have NESTED well here!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I am always changing something in my house too. And your right, it is fun, not so much for hubby, he thinks it silly. You have created a beautiful and cozy looking home. I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete