Recycled Calendar


Each year I search for the perfect
calendar.  It gets pinned up
in the kitchen, displayed like
 art work for everyone to see.
Then the year ends and it
gets tossed into
 the recycling bin.



Not this year...
with a little bit of crafting...


I can keep my calendar hanging
around for a little longer.
It can fill a little void above the fireplace.


Once all the Christmas
decorations have gone back 
to their respective
corners, our house feels so ...blank.


And the banner has 
helped to fill a little bit 
of that space.


As well as the plaid runners,
I think they should stay out a 
little longer.




Caution...
this next photo may cause 
nausea...


(yeah, sorry about that.)
I wanted to show you how I use
2 small throw rugs to work as 1.
These rugs are great because they can
go into my front loader washing machine
for a quick clean.



Happy Recycling!
I am linking up with

12 comments:

  1. What a great way to use your old calendar! I looks perfect adding a little touch of whimsy to your fireplace. I have to say I'm in love with your room. There is just so much I like. The cream sofa's with their cute little ruffled edges, the plaid table runner, the sweet little chair in front of the propped up mirror. And of course I think you are a genius with rugs. What a great idea to use two together like that. I have to remember to do that myself. If you don't mind my asking . . . where did you find your fabulous rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention, I'm following you through Bloglovin now. Yipppeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin!! Thankyou so much!! I am blushing!
    I purchased those rugs about a year ago for ...i think...$20 each from JYSK. I have washed them each two or three times and they are holding up pretty good considering.
    Happy Belated Birthday!..your blog is on my inspirations i follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby! It is my first time here for a visit. What a fun and cute way to repurpose your calendar. It turned out wonderful. I am your latest follower. I hope you will drop by and visit and follow me back! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room and your style. Everything is so beautiful. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me Tuesday. I will be featuring you next week, so come back. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will feature this today at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great idea
    and a fun way to both upcycle
    and keep some memories that are attached
    to the old calendar

    you have a delightful blog
    and i would love for you to share
    on Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea and adds such a nice touch to your mantle! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideal using the two rugs, and I love the ideal of recycling the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely room! First time visitor and new follower. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your room, and what a clever idea to use two rugs to make one big one! I also like that you angled your furntiture, I love to angled mine it adds so much more interest. And very creative way to use old calendars. I wanted to thank you for sharing you creative banner and room with us at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete