Craft Room Tour

Hi! I thought I would surprise myself and write  a post today!  It's -100 outside right now so it's a great day to sit in my cosy room with a cup of tea- dandelion tea :) and write. Okay, maybe not -100, more like -20, with some crazy ass winds, which makes it -100! 
Anyways, on with the post.

This is my room.  I took it over very slowly, over time.  It was our oldest daughter's bedroom, and after she moved to Victoria, taking all her belongings, it was left as big empty hole in my heart home.  It sat empty for a long time.  I would come in here and sit on the floor and just miss her.  Probably not the healthiest, but I feel like it was what I needed to do. Right?  


Time helped heal, and as it did the furniture started to find it's way in.  Some pieces didn't make the cut, but a LOT did!  Yes, I am a maximalist.   I feel like most crafters are, am I right?!  Furniture started to make it's way into the room and gradually it became my space.  With the sun pouring in, it's just a natural place for coffee, tea, or crafting.  With freshly painted Suede Gray on the walls, the room feels complete.  I don't think my style really fits under any single style umbrella.  I've always had a real mish-mash style. All the natural elements sit very close to my heart, and yet I love a bit of bling too.  Granny Chic- I think that's a thing now, with all my crocheted pieces and flowers. The darker walls make it cosy, the collection of pictures make it nostalgic, and the faux furs put another spin on it.  AND I love to thrift and reuse. LOVE.  Repaint, refinish, reuse. Good thing there are pictures because this introduction sounds super gawdy. Hahah, with that, I hope you enjoy my freshly painted, revamped room tour.



This desk has been many colours, as with most furniture in my home.  I get great pleasure out of refurbishing or refinishing old favorites. Sometimes from budget restraints, but usually because I love playing with paint.  I wanted to repaint more pieces the same colour as the desk but I think it would take away from it.


You will find crystals everywhere in my home.  This is a large piece of amethyst, being one of my favorite crystals I wanted it close to my creative area.  I've surrounded it with a few other crystals that help me to create and dream.


A big deep window lets a ton of light in, which helps with this dark wall colour. My sun loving plants sit here in the winter, basking in the light, as my furry shadow does now.  A feng shui crystal hangs in the window and usually sends rainbows all over the walls, creating a magical atmosphere.


You can see some repotting is in my near future, these poor plants really want to go back outside! Fingers crossed I can nurse them through the rest of the winter. In the summer I put a few of my indoor plants on this ledge. It can get very hot so I have to watch them closely.


There's my furry shadow, he loves this chair.  Behind him you can see my shelves are filled with framed photos, books, craft supplies and tools.  I LOVE BASKETS.  LOVE.


The blankets are from Chapters.  Around Christmas time, you can usually get them at a great price after spending a certain amount of money- win win I say! They are THE most softest blankets.  Just feeling them makes me happy! Simply lovely.  


Most of the feathers in this room I have found, or my husband has found and given to me with the exception of this wonderfully fluffy white one.  Shells, rocks, crystals, feathers, and driftwood, I am easy to "shop" for.


Our home, or as I like to call it, cottage, has been under some more changes lately.  I am running, or  should I say painting my way past the neutral tones I once loved, headed straight for CoLoUr.
I'm craving it. More colour, more depth.  I don't want a circus, but I want layers. I want richness.  

Through the doorway is our front entrance.  I have been working on a mirror wall and a basket wall.  I hope to share that soon too. 


This shelf may just be my favorite.  Mismatched and well used baskets are filled with more craft supplies, candles, candle holders, paints, and tools.  Looking at this picture I realize that my scissor basket is missing...oops..anyways there should be another tote in the top left corner for my craft paper scissors.

In between this shelf and the doorway there is a closet door.  Inside it's a mess, that's for another day. Creative juices have to get flowing again before I try take on that beast...it's kind of a sewing/scrap paper closet jungle.


This is my altar.  I currently have it set up in honour of my girls. This whole room is like my altar, but this shelf holds three carved willow figurines. A mum hugging her daughter, a girl holding a heart and a girl releasing a butterfly.  Each figurine could be any one of my daughters.  Love, support and respect.   I appreciate each of them and honour their uniqueness right here, every day.








Hope you enjoyed! Happy decorating, rearranging, and nesting. 

1 comment:

  1. What a charming and inviting room!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!! Now I know that perennial is called columbine!! Thanks!!
    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete