Life is all about change

There have been some serious, life altering changes going on in our home. Big stuff.
First, after much hesitation and debate, I have retired from hairdressing.  Not to date myself, but I have been doing hair since 1990!  I did take a break to be a stay at home mum when we started our family, heading back to work when our youngest was in grade 4.  At the time I worked at a lovely little salon that was very family oriented, so flexibility wasn't a worry.  As anyone with a child or children knows, that's important.  Since that time we have relocated to a new city and I've worked in a few salons here as well.  Hairdressing isn't easy on your back or an empathetic personality.  It is time to retire.  I gave my notice at Christmas and said goodbye over the last month to some very lovely people.  I had a very sweet and understanding clientele and I will miss them.  

And the other big change is my choice to go plant based.  I feel really good about this choice.  My husband enjoys a lot of what I create to eat but always appreciates a roast or steak once in a while.  Yes, I will still cook meat on occasion for my people....until I can convert them!  It's crazy how fast your taste buds change. 
It isn't always easy but I feel really good about this choice.  Dining out is a bit of a challenge and  I usually end up going vegetarian on those occasions.   At home it's just normal now, and I'm going to make an effort to share some of my favourite dishes here.  Plant based is a lot more work then throwing a chicken in the oven. There is a lot of chopping and prep work however it is so worth it.  And  I have been told it is environmentally friendly.  So that's a win!

Enough chit chat, I am still here, still obsessed with nesting!  Lot's of nesting and collecting and a bit of painting. And now with retirement, more sharing.  So let's share!


My indoor plant collection is still growing. I couldn't pass this cute little guy up in the grocery store.  My lovely little green friends!




A lot of my collections are growing. There are always key pieces that I just love and don't want to exchange but there have been some changes as well.


This guy is just quietly growing despite the snow happening outside.


I have recently become aware of LED grow light, light bulbs. What the heck and why haven't I been aware of this before???  Needless to say, a have a few through the house now. This lamp has a full spectrum bulb in it.  
With it snowing outside I've been really appreciating my house plants and upon closer inspection most of these plants are giving me some new growth.  laaaaaaaa!


And here's a question....What have I been painting?  Pretty sure this is going to be much more exciting for me than for you.  But the changes will shock and amaze. Hahaha


Until next time, have a great day and happy nesting! 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete