Happy Valentines

Happy, Happy, Valentines Day!

What are you up to for Valentines?  I've got something very exciting planned for the day!  What's that,you ask?  My husband is busy all weekend playing in a hockey tournament  so I'm going to be sewing, painting and probably a little crocheting.  Then after getting all my projects done, or almost done, I'm going to take a nice bubble bath, probably put some rose quartz in the tub too, and relax.  And that my dear, is my idea of a self loving Valentines.  Creating and then relaxing.  I hope you find some time to do what makes you happy and give yourself some love as well.

Now what we are really here for, some pictures!



For Valentine's, even though the snow is still coming and it is super chilly, I've decided to put some spring into our home.  I love pink but it isn't always my colour of choice. However it works with my blues and greys nicely.  The runner below is just a folded table cloth that I got at a second hand store in the fall.   With no idea where it would go or when i would use it, I bought it anyways. Of course!


Once I have pulled in some new items it's the domino effect.  It ripples right through this house.  Immobilises me sometimes!  My head starts spinning with new looks, new projects ,fresh ideas!  A trip to Micheals was in order, I purchased Chalk paint- two cans, and a ball of yarn.  YUP, just one skein.  I had no idea what to do with it, most likely crochet pillow covers.  But once I got started crocheting, I couldn't stop, so I'm now making an afghan.  It'll work in a few different areas of our home.  And yes, I did go back and purchased more yarn.  As a side note the velvet yarn is incredibly soft, really nice to work with.


The box of old Valentines cards and pictures always makes an appearance.   Our girls are well into their twenties, but I absolutely love the nostalgia they bring out.  I fall right back into those years.








The white hearts were made many, many years ago.  I made them to hang on everyone's bedroom door, similar to  a door wreath.  Actually I think I made even more than that...there are a lot.


A smokey quartz heart on the picture frame that my husband made me.  It's a great frame because I can easily change it out to a picture or card if I would like.


A huge hanging heart from our daughter from a LLLOOONNNGG time ago. So cute!


More hanging hearts that I had sewn are hanging from the front closet door.  I put some lavender drops on the back fabric- love that smell!


If you look closely past the hearts you see a square-that's the start of my new crochet project.
The granny stitch is a fast stitch once you get going on it.  It just grows so quickly, and very satisfying.






You can see how velvety the yarn is, it will be cosy when completed.
That's it for now! I hope that you have an amazing Valentines, alone or with people, make it a
LOVEly day.

No comments:

Post a Comment