Summer Dining Room



Welcome to our dining room!  The place where we reconnect as a family.  Either by food, a serious game of monopoly, or a thousand piece puzzle.  It all happens here. Dinner for two, or a celebration for many!  The layout is pretty permanent.  Tucked away are two leaves that expand the dining table another three feet.  Becoming a monster and eating up the entire floor space! I usually have to rearrange the living room to create enough elbow room for everyone.  Now that's Cozy!

  




When you look on line there are such lovely dining spaces out there. Some are huge and open, styled perfectly, which must have a fun budget to work with!  Others are just gorgeous, and they would be no matter where they were or how big the budget.  This however this is our humble abode.  Not grande, and not professionally styled.  Just our space. At times I feel like I need to grab my mastercard and get shopping, but thankfully my frugal side usually steps in! I also enjoy the cosiness of mix and matching past and present styles.

What makes my Cottage Dining Room
  • family
  • family photos (if they can't be there)
  • large over sized furniture in a small space( happened by accident but fits perfectly!)
  • plants and 'treasures'
  • lamps on timers,lighting on dimmer, and candles 
  • baskets, cook books and games




My last trip to Value Village I found this sweet little lamp.  I've been on the hunt for a few more small sized lamps.  Having a list of 'wants' on my phone of reminds me to stay on track with my purchases.


After giving it a good scrub, I painted the lampshade black. I'm thinking it needs a jute tassel to complete the look.  It's the perfect size for this dresser. All of the small lamps around our home are plugged into timers,  clicking on and off at appropriate times with no effort.












We have been on the look out for a dining bench for about three years now. Usually they are either too small, only seating one, or very uncomfortable.  With the large cushioned seat and the length for double occupancy,  it works!  Well, it will work after a little dining set make over.









Here are a few more Dining Table Settings:

 Christmas Table 
Click on picture



Christmas In White
 Click on picture

Happy Nesting!

Link Party
Share your cup
Dagmar's Home
Savvy Southern Style/wow us wednesday
My Repurposed Life/talk of the town
A Stroll Thru Life/inspire me tuesday
Dwellings/Amaze me Monday
Vintage Charm
Life and Linda/dishing it and digging it
Coastal Charm/show and share

10 comments:

  1. Your summer dining room is lovely & I love the new bench! Thank you for sharing @ Vintage Charm--pinning to our Features & Favorites board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abby, what a lovely room. The bench is a wonderful addition. Sometimes we have to wait to find the perfect piece. The chandy is beautiful and I also love your buffet cabinet. It must be quite fun to decorate for different seasons. Thank you for sharing your lovely dining space at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so lovely Abby. I love anything boho and that little lamp is real pretty. I can't believe how tiny it is. If I may ask where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I got it at Value Village...that probably doesn't help much, does it?
      I am always on the look out for small lamps to pop above a shelf or cupboard and this one fit perfectly!

      Delete
    2. LOL no, living on South Africa Value Village may be a bit far ;-) I'll have a look on Amazon though. I never realized you could get such teeny tiny lamps. Thanks for getting back to me Abby

      Delete
  4. I think your dining room is very cozy and welcoming! Love the lamp and the bench too. Thanks for sharing with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's wonderful, glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete