Christmas Cottage 2015, Our Living Room

Welcome!
So glad you have stopped by!
I've been busy decorating and I would love
to show you what I've been up to.

I started Christmas very early this year,
November 21st. My plans and ideas started swirling around my head
in September, honestly! And once I start to dig into my Christmas storage totes....
it's official. Decorating begins.
  This year I felt a little nervous.  We spent last
New Years repainting our open concept living room, dining room and kitchen.
 I had my fingers crossed that it would all look nice together,
I am so very happy with the results.  But seriously, who doesn't enjoy pulling out all
their treasures and displaying them around your home?
All those collections,
all those memories!


Anyways, here is what I have done in the living room area...



The tree sits in my galvanized tub again. I used a little burlap to soften and
hide the stand inside the tub.


 I have weaved lots of ribbon in and out, added lights that twinkle,
 raffia and sticks (which is a first for my tree)
and lots and lots of ornaments. I am from THE MORE THE MERRIER
side of decorating my tree.


But before all of that fun, this tree had to have
a little facelift. Half the
lights didn't work on this pre-lite
tree, so I had to remove all
 of the none working twinkle lights.


It's a messy, slightly tedious job.  An aggressive job!
 Make sure your tree is unplugged before you get started.


  I ended up removing all
of the lights. Four hours later, I had a pile of clips, wire and lights.
It was a bit messy.
 BUT my tree was all ready, with a new lease on life!
Yaaay, for reusing what I have!  Right?


I always start with extra greenery. Filling up the bare spots
on my five year old, inexpensive tree.  
 I also added 2 more icy garlands, and I still want more!




Our Christmas tree is fairly slender, which makes it easy to
squeeze into our cosy living room. 








The before and after,
after a TON of fluffing and filling and decorating.





 Little bits of red, some greenery, my Santa collection...
maybe change my Christmas pillows...


Below is my Santa for this year.
 Yes, he looks a little elf like, but I LOVE him.
A Garden Santa.


This corner has turned into a sweet little spot to sit and visit.
With a new chair, it is our
favorite spot to view the twinkling tree!


This is my early Christmas present.  
THANK YOU HUSBAND!




And with the new tea towel pillows I just made...










Hope you enjoyed seeing our
 Christmas Cottage Living Room!
Now I must go work on the rest of our home.





No comments:

Post a Comment