Pretty Industrial Office



Phew!
We are done with MOST of the construction 
in our office...  for now.  You can check out
what it looked like before here.


And that is why
Spring Cleaning is in full swing!
I just couldn't wait any longer to put
my home back together, and clean the dust out of it!
 Even though the trim isn't up, I just had to make it
feel like home again. The rest will have to wait until the fall!


I have had fun setting it up so far. I am trying to achieve 
an Industrial look with lots of 'Pretty' touches.
Industrial look, with some feminine details, like
 ruffles, sparkles, and silver.
Pretty Industrial Office.



The basket on the bottom shelf
is filled with none other than,
Archie Comics!  
:)


This poor little shelf has been hauled around
our home, used in almost everyroom.


I feel like it deserved a little make-over...
a little chalk paint to the rescue!!


Much Better!
I just got these crates a few days ago.
 I made my husband stop at
this Antique Store, because I saw them stacked 
behind the back door, like they were garbage!
Am I crazy or do you see the beauty in these 
pieces too?  The couple behind the counter 
looked at me like I lost my mind, and 
asked "what are you going to do with them?"
I was so happy with them, I must of  had a huge
 smile on my face, and I said " They are going in our Office!
 They are perfectly distressed and aged!" They got a good clean, and ...
they are my kind of perfect!




All the furniture in this room, actually
in the entire house, has been moved, reused,
repaired, slip covered, rescued, repainted or restained,
and  the office furniture is no exception.  This black desk
came from a 2nd hand store, about 5 
years ago.  Once I got it home I 
 couldn't wait to painted it black.
The aging is from all of its moves.
;)


I like the way it looks with the 
crates and the slip-covered chair.


Just a tiny bit of Easter in the office...


It's going to be fun filling up these blank
spaces!  Currently I am collecting frames and 'oddities'
for the office walls.


We did stained concrete through out the 
family room, hallway, and office.  We chose
to do this to the floor while we have teens and
pets. I love the results, they are exactly what we need
in the basement right now.  My first choice would be to have it
all carpeted...I would rather have pets and kids :))


AND
My favorite part of this room...


with a big bucket of chalk, 
Ofcourse. :)


Hope you enjoyed seeing our office...
and thank you for not baulking at
our lack of trim  and decorations.
Our  Industrial Cottage Style Family Room
can be seen here
:)










6 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice spot to spend time! Love your crates and the stars on the wall.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its a lot nicer now that there is gyproc up :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Love the chalkboard wall and the whole feel of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your office, it is fabulous. You did a great job of pulling it together and the crates are a fabulous find. Love them. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice office. The space looks peaceful. Great for work.
    Sherry l

    ReplyDelete
  5. This space is so inspiring - love how it came together. The chalkboard wall -brilliant!

    ReplyDelete