My Mini Altar

Hello!
I'm still pushing through with my spring cleaning.  I love a clean house, don't you?  Getting rid of stale energy and forgotten corners.  After I finish cleaning and repairing a room, it always feels lighter and more spacious. 


This week I've been working on the hallway.  Because of the fact that I am a maximalist it takes a bit more time to fill random picture hanger holes or even just to remove the pictures to wash the walls.  Everything comes down then I wash walls and scrub trim. I've repainted picture
frames and walls, and this time, it's my mini altar's turn.

I bought it a while back at the thrift store, I'm sure it was under $7.  I didn't know where it was going to end up in our home, but I knew it'd be cute after it met a paint brush.


First a bit of sanding and a good wash, then I gave it a few coats of blue.


Then a heavy coat of chalkpaint and some serious distressing.


I love this look, but it did nothing for the hallway, kind of blah. So back to the crafting table we went.


Oh! That's it!  A nice bright pop of colour, and  a bit of distressing with some sand paper.




Now, the fun part, setting up my altar.  It doesn't stay like this, I change this one quite often.  It holds some dear memories for my husband and I, well mostly me.  I collect rocks, feathers, sticks, pretty much everything a toddler would pick up! LOL, pretty sure I'm far worse than all of our girls combined ever were.




A lapis lazuli necklace for awakening true destiny and divine purpose.  A few words of wisdom on some favorite ornaments, and fresh intentions, or just a healing altar.  This time I've set my altar up for JOY.  I'm hoping globally we all find a bit more joy everyday. Remembering or honouring what brings us joy.


This colour brings me joy, all the little treasures collected on our hikes bring me joy.
A clean house brings me joy!






 Family and friends bring me so much joy!


And this guy, more joy.


My fur baby.  I love how he spread out over my new project..an afghan.  I think he's sleeping on about four squares! haha!  I saw an afghan on Priscillas spring home tour and I really wanted to try make it.  So, I'm using up scrap fabric, with my own weird, probably wrong pattern, and I am attempting it. 


 I did grab some more skeins from Micheal's today and I'm sure I'll need a lot more but I'll be able to use up a lot of the little ends of yarn.  I can't wait to open that new caron skein!!


Until next time, happy nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment