Second Flower Afghan Completed!

Hello!
Today is actually starting to feel like we may get a bit of summer.  Not too hot yet, but I have the whole house wide open.  Just letting the breeze refresh the house.  Up until today I have been trying to keep the heat in and just like that, the sun is out and it feels good.  Which is kind of ironic because I just finished my second flower afghan. That's right, a nice cozy blanket.   Good timing, right?
A few months ago I finished this afghan, I loved the bright playful colours and thought I would like it in our living room. 




 Well, true to my nature I just jumped right in to that project and  upon completion, I realised these really aren't my colours.  Maybe one at a time, but not all at once.  Hmmmm, I hate it when I do that.  I think I like bold and colourful, but really I just like a little at a time.  Oh well, I did enjoy making it, but it doesn't work in here for me. Thankfully my youngest daughter loves it, so off it went to her space!


 I knew I wanted to make the same pattern, just change out some of the colours. Turquoise, terra cotta, coral, baby pink, cream, and navy blue, leaving the background grey.  Everything works about it. Colour, size and softness. This colour combination will work right through Halloween. 


This is the fun part, piecing the squares together and then assembling the rows.  It usually ends up being a day or two of binge watching something.  Which totally worked because up until today all we had was rain. A lot of rain.






 Now you may look at this and think what the heck is the difference, and with everything she has going on did that little afghan really make a difference?  Yes.  Yes it really did.  I love a lot of things, and I have a lot of different styles I enjoy.  I love meshing the styles together for something you can't really fit into a box.  It's a bit of a personal challenge that I enjoy completely.  It keeps shifting and changing and morphing until I'm satisfied.  So, yes that afghan had to be changed out.








I guess my message with this post is that if there is something in your home that isn't working for you or just doesn't make you happy, change it.  I encourage you to play in your home. 


I took more colour out of the dining room for a lighter summer vibe as well.  I think they are considered neutrals, the brass, terra cotta and wood.








Also, I wanted to share with you our rhubarb patch.  Sorry about the weeds, but look at this rhubarb! 
I picked a ton after this photo, ending up with two large ziplock bags in the freezer and one large rhubarb crumble! Right now I am just glad I only have one patch of rhubarb. One is enough when it grows like this!




I hope this finds you healthy and safe,
until next time, Abby




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful afghan!! Stunning!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to hold back from starting another one!

      Delete