Autumn at the Front Door


Isn't fall spectacular! Every day the colours get a bit richer and deeper.  Oranges, reds, purples, and they all look so lovely together.  I've thrown in the towel for a softer, muted colour scheme this year.  I'm fully embracing autumn tones.  Here's my cottage front steps, all dressed for fall.






With the help of my mum, we've managed to collect a few brass pots over the summer. Searching second hand shops, we found four of varying sizes.  Staggering them down the steps with the addition of red, orange, yellow, and white mums.  Mixing in my terra cotta pots with my two black pots creating a gentle path to our front door.




 My WOODLAND WREATH  that I've recently made is hanging on the door to greet you.


A pair of owls are hanging by a strand of jute so we didn't have to damage the siding.


I gave my hurricane candle holders a good scrub and popped a small brass pot with a candle inside each one.  And as I purchase pumpkins for Halloween, they will get nestled in along both sides.


Just as important as the curb appeal to me, is how it looks from inside.  Making sure that the landing looks as cosy from the door as it does from the street.






Inside is a bit messy...I've been preserving like a mad women!  Pretty sure I completely over planted
tomatoes and peppers.  To think these plants that I started as seeds have turned into salsa, tomato sauce and soup! The whole thing has just deepened my addiction.






There may be frost tonight so I've pulled the rest of my veggie plants out and this is what I've picked.  I'm hoping that under some newspaper these green tomatoes will ripen.  I was asked how much our garden had saved us, I don't know if it saved us any money, however having fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables a few steps away allowed us to create amazing meals.  The savings, if any, were just an added bonus.

Once I get this tidied up I will share my fall decor,
Happy Nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment