Flowers To Greet You

Morning!
I wanted to share with you our front steps.  It's a great spot for planters and flowers.  Summers past I would always plant a lot of neutrals here. Lot's of white and a bit of soft pink to add a bit of pretty cottage style.  Until that fateful day when the flower tag was wrong! I thought I planted pink and when the geranium bloomed it ended up being a bold red. RED! Eeeeck, I thought.  All this delicate pink and white and then a powerful shot of red!  I was tempted to pull it but  decided to leave it in anyways, and by the end of summer it was my little star.  It really pulled through with great vigour and also looked spot on for fall! Win win and if that's not enough,the red geranium is said to assist in protection for your home when placed at the front door.  So, being benificial and all, I added another to the mix the next year.  I then tried to over winter cuttings from all my geraniums, including pink and an even brighter pink, but only the two red ones survived.  Some one really wants me to have red geraniums!! 


I just planted these pots a day or two ago, after being over wintered in our basement.  They will fill out nicely once they get the sun on them.  Not today though, cloudy and windy is our forecast as you can tell.


Our house is a taupe colour, acting as a warm back drop for richer colours.   Red, purple and yellow is the colour scheme.  The pots have slowly been added to year after year.  Fade and discolour only adds the character I seek.  Not an excess of pots, but enough to feel the welcome. 


Through out the summer I'll usually rearrange the pots to share the sun light.  This is a very shaded spot which isn't always a bad thing, but geraniums do love sun.  They'll each get some time in the sun.


I also have a few Gnomes out here greeting our guest...well, when we aren't in Quarantine they are the greeters.  


I  added yellow into the mix because of the nine barks we have planted in the front garden.  Once this little guy gets growing he'll also add a little sunshine to the shade.






A painted rock from my Mother's Day weekend found a spot in this planter.




Purple wave petunias, with some good fertilizer and a bit of pruning through out the summer, should get to be fairly bushy.


White impatience for the shadiest spot, and some raw Amethyst stones.  I love the energy of Amethyst stones.  I've placed them around the boxwood just to pump up the positive energy that flows into our home.




Thank you so much for stopping by!  This little blog of mine has been a blessing for me.  It keeps me moving forward and pushing myself to find the positive through this crazy time.   I hope you find some comfort here as well.  
Until next time, Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment