Tulips in Bloom,

Morning!  Yesterday we had a beautiful morning. I managed to take a few photos of where our garden is at before it changes again. It's a small garden and I want a lot from it. Herbs, veggies, fruit, flowers, privacy, water feature....and of course refuge.






Plants are filling out.


Last winter was a tough one. I lost a new little tree we planted last spring and some plants.  My Mock Orange for instance, had a lot of die back this winter.  Every spring this guy struggles, any suggestions? 




May long weekend and the ground is ready for all my baby seedlings to be planted.  This year I am putting  more thought into the planning part of the process, and a bit more selective with the plants that stay. Also, reseeding the patchy grass from winter and Yzerman...it's an on going process.








Usually the trees are covered in honey bees, or pollinators, but not this year. I did manage to catch a photo of this bumble bee in action.  I'm try to get a photo of the hummingbird that visits this tree too, she is just too darn quick!














Clearly I have a lot of work to do.  Lots of clean up, planting and edging, but if I wait until it's perfectly photo ready, there wouldn't be any pictures.  I do hope you enjoyed the quick garden tour anyways.


Mother's Day weekend was a lot of fun.  We packed a lunch and we spent an afternoon quading.
We got to enjoy two of our three daughters.




My husband checking out the bike he just rebuilt. He says it still needs some tweaking.


Sometimes I take my camera and take photos. Does that look like a heart to you too?


The next afternoon we painted rocks.  First Shayla sprayed painted them a flat black as a base.  When they were dry we drew a few lines with chalk as a template, then dotted them up with paint and the end of a paint brush.






The chalk will be wiped off and then I think I'll seal them with a top coat.


Lot's of fun to make, and all the supplies we had at home. The welcome rock will go at the front door and the other two will be in planters around the garden or on the deck.

I hope you are well and are finding joy in every day.
Until next time, Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment